Monday, November 30, 2009

Camping at Tucannon

In September, we were thinking about how we did not (1) go camping and (2) go on a trip with just our little family. So we decided to pack our bags and try out a new adventure. We picked a campground out of book and came up with Tucannon Campground on the Tucannon River. It is in the Blue Mountains near Dayton, WA. The trip there was longer than anticipated, and as we got near it was... ugly. I was not too thrilled. Then we couldn't find the turn-off because the sign was gone. But then, when we pulled into the campground, it was actually quite pretty. We found the perfect campsite: it was down off the road and pretty secluded, had several flat places, and had a shallow stream flowing through it. Although short, it was a very enjoyable camping trip. We wouldn't be sad if we ended up there again.

These pictures are in a totally random order, but I didn't feel like organizing them. So here they are!



Oh my goodness, Brinley loved the dirt! Thank goodness for Shout Advanced Gel and Tide with Bleach!

The Tucannon River at the entrance to the campground.

My kids love LOVE water!
Throwing rocks in the water... what is it about this simple thing that is just so great?

Daddy and Daughter

Levi at the stream in our campsite.

Sam, the fire guy.

Brinley loved sitting in the camp chairs. I wish I could have left her there, but I was way too afraid she would fall off or the chair and she would fall together. FYI, Brinley was 9 months in these pictures.

I set out this tarp with intent of having a clean place for our crawler to play. Good intentions... laughable ones, but good.

Mommy and her baby girl.

In the tent, getting tucked in for the night.
I think Levi is a total stud!

The night we got there, after setting up in near dark, we had tinfoil dinners for dinner in the dark. They were very yummy, if I do say so myself!

Look how filthly! Camping is a kid's best friend!

Levi played with this brush and dustpan almost the whole time. He swept the tarp, the bench, the table, the dirt, everything!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

How fun!! I want to go camping... we didn't make it this year.