Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Giving the Tree the Trim

I love Christmas time, and I have found that a Christmas tree is pretty essential to making your home feel Christmas-y. Sam and I have only had one Christmas tree since we've been married because the last two years we were in Pittsburgh and did not have a tree there for two reasons: 1) Our first apartment was too small. There wasn't room for another person to stand in there much less a tree, and 2) We always left to come back home to Washington by the middle of December, so there really didn't seem to be much point in getting a tree. But this year, I was itchin' to get a tree. We had it purchased by the 2nd of December and spend the evening of the 3rd decorating it. So here are some pictures of our beautiful tree. (And just to give credit where credit is due, Sam did most of the work: hauled the tree in, sawed off the trunk, put it in the stand, helped Levi with most of the decorations... he even vacuumed up all the pine needles! What a man! I did put the hooks on the ornaments, make the candy cane hearts, and manned the camera... very important! :D)



Levi loved the ornaments... or should I say "balls". Luckily, I had enough foresight (or just plain dumb luck) to have bought plastic ornaments instead of glass ones. Most of the tree decorating time was spent trying to keep him from kicking the "balls" all over the house. Now that they are on the tree, though, he does leave them alone for the most part.

Levi was being so funny! I was trying to get the camera timer set up so we could take a family picture, so I had the camera sitting on a chair. Levi just came up and crouched down right there posing for a picture. I, of course, obliged. This is probably the second time he has posed for a picture. The things kids learn at such an early age...

2 comments:

shellydinger said...

What a cute family! The hearts look so great on your tree. I may have to add a few to ours.

Drew and Valarie's Family Blog said...

Hey Kelsey,, I know you are getting close,,, I thought I would check in and see how you were doing?!