Monday, January 25, 2010

November

Alright.... I am determined to be caught up by then end of January. That gives me one week. Hopefully I can distract Levi away from the computer for long enough... The good news is, in addition to be horrible about blogging, I have also been negligent in my picture taking. Not good for my family history, but good for catching up.

November, if I remember right, was a nice month. We hosted Thanksgiving dinner at our house for the first time ever. My whole family minus Amber and her family came as well as Sam's parents and 5 of the 7 single siblings. Oh, plus Reuben's roommate Matt. I was smart enough to delegate out almost everything, but I did make tons of desserts and the rolls. The rolls turned out most excellent. I somehow managed to mess up several pies (How does one mess up a chocolate pudding pie you may ask? Talent, pure talent.), but in the end it was all okay. Being so busy hosting, I didn't take any pictures. Oops!

Brinley loves books, being outside, and her brother. When Levi is napping, Brinley gets so antsy. She'll often push the door open and go squeal at him or try to wake him. Boy, am I glad Levi is such a deep sleeper!

The beginning of November I tried a new adventure: making juice. Sam and his dad were doing sprinkler blowouts, and one house had tons of grapes. After some confusion, and assuring the wife that I was a neighbor and that we had met over the phone, I picked 18 gallons of grapes. My friend, Laurie, loaned me her steamer and Sam and I spent an evening learning the fine art of making grape juice. After getting the hang of it, the process is really quite simple. And the juice is delicious!!!! (P.S. The grapes were so heavy, my colander was broken all to pieces. Now I have a nice, heavy metal one!)

The last day of November, we trimmed our tree. Levi and Brinley were big helps and then we carried on our tradition of having donuts and chocolate milk. This year we added egg nog as well. I can't believe how much my family (me excluded) LOVES egg nog.

1 comment:

Frolicking Night Owl said...

My mom used to make homemade grape juice when I was little. It's definitely something I miss and I would love to find a grape juice that tastes more homemade. Can't believe how big your kids are getting!!!