Monday, October 5, 2009

La Jolla, CA

Sam had a business trip in La Jolla, CA and this time I GOT TO GO WITH HIM!!!! We took Brinley along with us, and Levi stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Thurgood. Levi had a good time, except that he got really sick. I felt so bad not being there to take care of my little boy, but if mom's not available, who better than Grandma to care for you? Thanks Mom for taking such great care of my little boy!

This was Brinley's first trip ever on an airplane. She did a really great job! Especially since we had to be at the airport at 4:30am and that caused her to be wide awake for quite a while.

Our first stop when we landed in San Diego was the San Diego Temple. It was so beautiful.



Check out this awesome vegetation!

Sam's conference was at a really nice resort-type hotel. It seriously took about 10 minutes to walk from the front desk to our room. However, the pool was right next to our room, so we had no complaints there. I really tried to make this a very relaxing vacation. Brinley and I played and lounged around the pool, I watched movies while Brinley napped, and we went for a couple of strolls. I also got a chance to meet a lot of people that Sam works with and to put faces with names, which is always nice. Sam and I went out to a yummy Mexican place called Fred's. If you are ever in San Diego you should check it out.

After Sam finished his conference, we decided to walk down to the beach. The hotel gave us a map telling how to get down to the beach, but it was a ways away. A guy from Sam's conference told us a closer way to get down to the beach, so we went that way. Here is what we climbed down to get there:
Easier my foot!

We pretended like Sam made this for me:
Okay, but that treacherous descent wasn't even the worst part. As we start walking towards the shoreline, Sam says, "Hey, I think that guy's naked." Yep. And so was that guy, and that guy, and that guy. We found out later that it was a gay nude beach. Sam thought it was hilarious... I thought it was disgusting. We walked out in the water away from people until we moved far enough down the beach to be at the spot where the hotel had recommended we come down. All I can say is "EEEWWWW!"
Sam, me and sleeping Brinley in the water.
The water was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice! We overheard some girls giggling about it being cold. We were like "What are you talking about????!!!!" Of course, we had just been swimming at the Oregon Coast...

The courtyard of our super nice hotel--La Estancia La Jolla.


Bye-bye California. Hopefully we'll be back soon!

7 comments:

Laurel said...

Hilarious!...And disgusting!!!

Tennille and Nathaniel said...

The water there is so much warmer than the Oregon coast. I remember that from when I went. I told my friend I always just assumed the water was freezing at the beach because that is what we grew up with. What a fun trip to get to go with him on! Too bad about the naked men...Probably could have done without seeing that, huh?

Michelle said...

What a fun past month you've had! I'm glad you're good at posting so we can enjoy the beach(es) vicariously! :) (Well, except the gay/nude one!) Glad you guys are doing well!

Kevin and Eliza said...

What a cute background. Wow you really have been all over lately (last 5 months). It all looks so fun. What a beautiful temple the San Diego. I told Kevin's brother he needs to find a girl from Cal. to marry so we can have an excuse to go to the temple there.

Allison said...

A gay nude beach!! Wow. As if you couldn't get a worse combination! I guess it was good that it wasn't full of naked women too! Glad you guys had a fun time!

Shaela said...

wow, what a great vacation! (except the descent and the gay nude beach...) So glad you had a nice time. :)

The Black Family said...

I am so mad at you!! I live literally 5 min from the San Diego Temple! I wish I could have seen you. We could have hung out. If you come back anytime please let me know. It would be great to see you and catch up. I am glad that we can keep in touch through the blog world. You family is so dang cute!