Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Woe-Be-Gone

Thank you everyone for your comments and concern. It is always nice to have people sympathize with you! I felt like I should let you all know that I actually feel TONS better. I realized that since this whole insurance fiasco started back in the beginning of September I've been stressed out. In the back of my mind was always the worry about if and how we would get insurance. Now that the issue is resolved (even if the resolution really isn't that favorable), I feel like a huge burden has been lifted off of me. I don't have to worry about the situation anymore. I know what needs to be done (saving up money), and now I can just set to work doing it.

We really aren't going to be that bad off. First, the doctor and hospital are giving us a pretty decent discount. Also, I did have insurance for the first half of the pregnancy, so that will all still be covered. On top of that, we haven't had to pay an insurance premium since May, so we've actually been saving a few hundred dollars every month. On top of that, we've been in the habit of trying to save at least $300 each month, so our savings has really built up. It is reasons like this that you are supposed to save money, right? Basically, what it comes down to is not being able to get cute matching Living Room furniture (and all those other things on my wish list) as soon as I was hoping to. But that's alright, because we'll have Brinley, and there's nothing I want more than that.

3 comments:

Drew and Valarie's Family Blog said...

Way to make a compounding issue positive! Kelsey that is incredibly stressful especailly since it was a date mix up!!!! It's really nice to see that at least the Doc offices' and hospitals are willing to work with you!!!! rawr

kbhull said...

So sorry that has all happened but way to make the best out of everything. We miss you guys. I love your house and love the name Brinley.

Robyn said...

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better, and not so stressed. That must still be so frustrating.

Since you have to pay out of pocket, you can put the money into a Health Savings Account, then it will at least be tax free (or basically your icome to declare will be lower).

Are you planning on having an epidural, or are you thinking about other possibilites for pain relief? In England, epidurals actually aren't very common. Most people use "gas and air" (laughing gas). I wonder if they even offer that as an option in the States.