Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Baby Shower

My wonderful sister and sisters-in-law threw me a baby shower (isn't that so nice of them?). Lots of people came, we had some great food, played some fun games (unusual for a shower...), and we got some great stuff for Brinley. I am very excited to see her in some of the extrememly adorable outfits we got. My sister was in charge of picture taking, and she did a great job the first 5 minutes. After that, she forgot all about it. So anyone who didn't show up right on time didn't make it into the pictures... sorry! At the end of the night, right after I opened the last present, I remembered the camera. So Lacey snapped a shot of me holding up the last present - a very beautiful Christmas dress for Brinley to wear next year. (And my apologies go out to Mom... Lacey never did get a good picture of you.)

Oh, and funny story. My Aunt Louise arrived quite early with my Mom and Grandma (even before I got there). As they were coming in the door and taking off shoes, my grandma fell backwards and my Aunt Louise made a snide remark like "Way to go, Grace!" Then the next second, she tripped forward and ended up hurting her foot and ankle pretty bad. She had to sit the entire night with her foot up on a chair with a ice pack to keep the swelling down. At the end of the night Illeen Hodgson, from my ward, let her borrow some crutches to get home on. Moral of the story: don't make fun of other people because something bad will happen to you and everyone else will get a good laugh out of it.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Connie said...

I wish I could have been there.I am sure that it was great. I loved the story about your Aunt Louise (?)...Karama - got to love it!