Friday, November 7, 2008

What a character!

So, I remembered a story that happened while we were canning applesauce that I really want to record for family history's sake. Plus, I'm pretty sure you will all find it quite amusing.

Towards the end of the canning project (I really only had clean-up and a couple other things to do), I guess Levi had decided that we had spent enough time in the kitchen and that he was DONE. He walked over to the pantry and pointed/grunted at the door. I figured he wanted some chocolate chips because that's pretty much what it always means. So, I opened the door and started for the chocolate chips when I noticed Levi pointing at something else... something besides chocolate (weird, I know). He was pointing to the hook on the inside of the door where I always hang my apron. So I asked if he wanted me to take off my apron, then I did and hung it up. He started clapping... how funny is that!?!?!?!? Like, "Hooray for Mom! She did what she was supposed to." What a smart cookie. That's how we always let him know that he did the right thing, so I guess he's using the same trick on us. He was kinda mad, though, when I put the apron right back on...

No comments: