Sunday, November 2, 2008

Domestic Diva

Yes, that's right. I am turning into a domestic diva. This past week I tried my hand at canning for the first time ever. I was pretty excited about it. And the lucky food that got to be my guinea pig was... applesauce. And some mighty delicious applesauce at that! With the help of a Victorio strainer (one of my favorite new things), a very large stove (hooray for my stove!), and a sweet little boy, my canning experience went beautifully and the product turned out fabulous! Levi downed the applesauce I gave him, which is saying A LOT since he has been the pickest eater lately. Check out the slideshow for the entire process and the videos to see how good of a helper Levi was.




The white bowl has lemon juice on it to preserve the color of the apples. That is what Levi is sucking off the apple. Strange, I know, but the kid loves lemon juice. He'll drink it straight.


2 comments:

Libby said...

Ha! Beth loves lemon juice too....

Michelle said...

Way to go, Kels!