Monday, May 3, 2010

Rewind: February

Look at this! It is almost like I'm on my way to catching up... but really, don't hold your breath. Here is what we did in February 2010:

{Got started on our garden:}
This year we decided to do Square Foot Gardening. So far, so great! The kiddos helped Sam build the boxes, and Levi helped us plant seeds in our indoor starter kit. I'm not really sure why we do these, since they haven't really worked for us and we have a long enough growing season that using the SFG method we don't really need to start things inside.

p.s. Check out Levi's hair! We let it go MONTHS (like 9 or something) without cutting it. It got sooo long. Now looking at these pictures, I don't even recognize the boy.)

{Went snowboarding again:}
So much fun! I am so glad Sam introduced me to the sport and that he is such a patient teacher. I love that man!

{Made our traditional Valentine's Day cookies:}
Uncle Ben (my younger brother) came over and celebrated Valentine's Day with us by decorating heart cookies. This is something I've carried on from my childhood, although this year I made the cookies quite a bit smaller (I may not make healthy choices, but sometimes I make healthi-er choices!) Brinley, for those who don't know, is a chocoholic! She can smell chocolate a mile away. Needless to say, she was in heaven. Forget decorating cookies, I'm just gonna shove chocolate into my mouth. Levi, on the other hand, really got into the decorating for the first time. After the cookies were finished, Levi kept eating Daddy's cookie instead of his own. He'd always say, "Please eat Daddy's cookie. Not mine."

{Had a whole bunch of normal, precious days:}
From top to bottom, left to right:
*We spent many hours building the tallest tower possible (using all the blocks) and then knocking them over.
*The kids "helping" me vacuum. It was so funny watching them try to push around a machine bigger than them.
*Levi giving Brinley a ride in some storage buckets. Who needs toys, right?
*Brinley playing cowgirl on her rocking cow. Love the hat!
*Levi is such a sweet older brother and is so good about sharing. Here he is giving Brinley a ride on his trike.
*February brought amazing weather! We spent quite a bit of time out on the swingset in the backyard. This kiddos love the swings! Aunt Arina came over this particular day and played with Levi and Brinley.
*A picture of me, courtesy of Levi.
*Brinley wearing Mommy's shoes. She loves my Crocs, probably because they are so light, she can easily walk around in them. Just yesterday, I was wearing my Crocs, and Brinley brought me a pair of flip flops to trade so she could wera the Crocs. :-D

And again, here are some videos:

Brinley playing Wii Fit Plus:


Levi and Brinley sharing a ride:


Teaching Brinley to play catch:





Cowgirl Brinley:


Riding the slopes:

No comments: