Monday, March 23, 2009

Sam the Man



Sam is a man...in the truest sense of the word. He is a man because he doesn't have to prove he is a real "man" (picture grunting, grring, and flexing muscles here). What brought this post on was something that happened three Sundays ago (yep...just now getting around to posting it). I was too sick to go to church, so Sam was getting the kids ready to go and taking both of them so that I could get some much needed rest. As he left, I noticed that he had in hand my somewhat-girly diaper bag, instead of his Eddie Bauer more masculine diaper bag. I had to laugh to myself, because I knew exactly what he'd say if I questioned him: "Why get out another bag? This one was already packed with everything." Sure enough, when he got home and I told him about my observation, that's exactly what he said. I love that he values convenience over protecting his "image". I also love that he has no problem whatsoever with watching "chick flicks". Okay, not quite true. He won't watch the 5 hour Pride and Prejudice with me...but I think that's probably asking WAY too much from any guy. I am sure I have his sisters to thank, at least in part, for his easy-going attitude towards girl-things. Mostly, I am just glad that I am married to such a good man who takes his roles of husband, father, provider, protector, and priesthood-holder very seriously and is everything that a true man should be.

p.s. I choose this picture because as I was looking through all our pictures, there were about 10 pictures of Sam driving on our various trips. Why do I always take those pictures? I have no idea. But one thing is certain...we definitely have record that it is Sam who does almost all the driving!

4 comments:

Connie said...

I love my brother and I love you for this post singing his praises. Just makes me love you both that much more.

Laurel said...

It seems I can actually feel how much you love and admire your husband just through your post. He seems like a great guy. I'm glad I got to meet him that once - even for just a little bit.

Robyn said...

I had to laugh about the Pride and Prejudice thing. One time I borrowed the A&E version from the library, and Paul complained about it. I told him he didn't have to watch it, but I was going to. He was in the same room, and got hooked. You never know, Sam might enjoy it.

Shaela said...

I'm so glad that Sam is that kind of man! John is like that at times and at other times, not so much... but I can't complain: he LOVES the 5 hour P&P and watches it with me all the time! :)