Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Baskets





We started our own little Easter tradition of doing Easter baskets for FHE the Monday after Easter. (That way I can go get the candy on clearance that morning, hehehe... Plus also, it makes it so we can have a worshipful Sunday Easter and a fun Easter on the days around it. ) Everyone gets a gift that is Christ-centered (or has to do with Church). This year, I decided to start carrying on another tradition from when I was a child: I hid the Easter baskets in the living room and made Sam and the kids "hunt" for them (it wasn't too much of a hunt, but it wasn't either when we were growing up. It didn't matter, it was still fun). Sam and I got a book called A Christ-centered Easter, Levi got the Primary Songbook on CD, and Brinley got a book called You Are Mine by Max Lucado. Kudos to me, I only put about half the candy I bought into our Easter baskets, because I decided we probably really didn't need that much candy (still trying to lose that baby fat...), so now I have candy all ready to go for next year! Good thing candy keeps forever! Hope you all had a happy Easter as well!

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Leftover candy wouldn't last a week at my house. I applaud you!! I like that you do easter baskets the next day. It helps to keep the focus where it should be on Sunday.