Tuesday, April 21, 2009

You know it's bad when....

...your two-year-old points out how dirty the house is.

Levi (pointing at the floor): Ma! Ma! Wash!

me: Oh! That's great Levi! You want to help by washing the floor?

I go and get a wet washcloth and try to hand it to Levi. He shies away from it like it is a disease.

Levi (pointing...at me this time): You!

So I washed about two square feet around the garbage can. I guess washing the floor isn't too high on my priority list... especially since I am blogging about this incident instead of doing it. The rest of the kitchen is clean though (well, more or less... :D), so that's saying something!

4 comments:

Tennille and Nathaniel said...

Eliza said to me one time, "Mom, you need to clean up this house. It's a mess!" I had just cleaned it the night before but toys were all over the room. I asked her if she would help me since they were her toys on the floor. She said, "No, you can just do it." I figure if your kids are happy, you're doing a good job. The chores will get done sometime.

Laurel said...

I just think it's great he noticed the mess. That's the first step. My kids couldn't care less about messes. I wish they did, they might be more inclined to not make the mess in the first place. That is such a cute story. I'd like to meet him sometime. Last time I saw you, you were only a few months along with him.

Minharos said...

I know that feeling. Atticus sometimes suggests we call my Mom to come and clean our house. She lives in Arizona :)

My Mom always tells a story about a time when my brother was little he was walking around with his toy camera saying, "say cheese" and taking photos. When he got to the kitchen floor he said "say dirty"

I won't even tell you what my floor looks like right now. I'm worried about Adeline crawling because then we have to clean it regularly. She's pretty close.

Shaela said...

haha! that sounds like me and a lot of other moms I know!! :)