Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Roses

When we moved into our new house, we were blessed by the previous owners having planted beautiful rose bushes all along the back of our house. Unfortunately, they hadn't done a very good job taking care of them. While the rose bushes were tall (some around 7ft), roses were scarce. So we set to work pruning and hacking back the untamed things. Well, our hard work paid off and now our backyard is full of lovely, sweet-smelling roses! I love being able to go out the back door, make a couple of snips, and have a gorgeous bouquet that brightens up our kitchen. It just makes me so happy!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Allison said...

Pretty! Thanks for your comments, and I assure you, Even I could not have planned an April Fools Day Joke this well and this far in advance! When you get a chance, I would love to see some pics of the house you guys purchased!